Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Life's been rough...

Alright people, obviously I have been absent from the blogging world for SEVERAL months. It was completely unintentional for a while, but for a little while I just haven't known what to say, exactly. So I will try to explain a few things.

 Mostly, the biggest thing I need to talk about is my Dad. You all know he has had a lot of problems for the past several years. He as struggled with stomach problems, headaches, and infections to name a few. Well this summer has been a rough one for him. At the end of June he went into the hospital because of a bad infection he developed from the his stimulater (He had a stimulater implanted under his skin above his right eye and went about to his clavical. This was used to help control his headaches.) They went in and cleared out all the infection and kept him on antibiotics just in case. Two weeks later he was admitted back to the Intensive care unit at the hospital with the thought that he had Pneumonia. After lots of tests it was believed that his lungs were filled with infection that probably came from his stimulator. His lungs were literally so full of infection that he was unable to breath on his own. He was intubated and placed on a ventilator to allow his body to heal without putting too much stress on his lungs. He was completely sedated as well as put on a paralyzing agent to keep his body from fighting the tube. Medically this is called a "Medically induced coma". After 11 days in a coma he came around and a few days after that they removed the tube. They moved him to the 4th floor where he stayed for 4 days. They then said that he could go home. He went home, but less than 24 hours later he was admitted back into the hospital with a fever, indicating more infection. He was readmitted to the ICU where they watched him closely for almost a week. He was doing pretty well for the most part. The Dr's struggled periodically with keeping his oxygen saturation levels where they needed to be. yesterday morning the Dr's felt it necessary to intubate him again. They put him back into the medically induced coma. Today he wasn't doing as well, but they needed to do a surgery to remove the stimulater. Dr's were unsure if his body would be able to handle the surgery. The surgery was completed and he is doing okay. He is still in the coma and will stay that way until his lungs heal enough for him to breath on his own. He is stable. His vitals are currently good, all things considered. Time will tell  in this situation.
Please keep my dad in your prayers. I also think it wouldn't hurt to have a few prayers for my family as well. This causes quite a bit of stress as you might guess. 

5 comments :

Judy said...

I am so sorry your family is going through this. I love you guys so much and wish I was there. Don't know what I would, but I wish I was there. We have been praying hard for him and your family. Give your mom a hug for me. She is one of my dearest friends ever and I have such a special place in my heart for that girl. {you and Maddi too} love you all beyond belief.

Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leigh said...

Ma'am, I love you & miss you. You are so strong & everything is going to be okay. You're in my prayers & I can't wait to see you! Keep your chin up, buttercup.

Carly said...

Oh mariss. I am so sorry. We will definitely pray for him and your family. Be strong.

Cory Shae said...

will definitely keep you in my prayers. hang in there. call if u need anything!